Thursday, August 28, 2008

Papa Jack Babysitting

My grandmother's funeral was lovely. Thank you to everyone for the nice comments about her passing. She was a great woman!

The next few posts will chronicle our trip to Boise.
We actually already had already booked tickets a long time ago to visit Boise Labor Day weekend. We thought we were going to Boise to see my family. Little did we know when we bought the tickets it was going to turn into a different kind of weekend. However, it is pretty amazing how it worked out. It would have been very difficult, and expensive to get tickets to Boise Labor Day weekend last minute. I have to believe that there was some divine intervention in how things turned out.
Gretta, Eliza, and I went up to Boise on Wednesday. Gretta has turned into a good traveler. She knows the routine. We get on the bus (the Fly Away) to the airport, check in, and then get on the airplane. Gretta's favorite part is when the flight attendant brings drinks. She use to get apple juice, but she now knows they serve soda. Both Gretta and Eliza took naps, so I actually got to read a little bit of the Ensign and enjoy a few minutes of peace and quite.

Wednesday night after the kids were in bed my mom and I decided to make a late night run to Walmart. My dad was a little nervous about the kids waking up. I told him he had nothing to fear, and then we were off. Just as we walked into Walmart he called and told me that Gretta woke up screaming. He didn't know quite what to do, so he put her on the sofa and turned on an Elmo DVD.
When we got home this is what we found...




Gretta asleep on one sofa standing up, and Papa Jack asleep on the other.
Thanks Dad!


1 comments:

mistyp said...

That's funny! Guess he did what he had to, right?! :) Cute pictures!