Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hawaii day 5, 6 & 7









Thursday morning Brittany watched Gretta and Eliza while the rest of the family went to the Laie Temple. Then we went to the beach when we got home. Gretta loves the waves!!! It was a little scary to me because she isn't even scared of the water. She would run into the waves and then run out and lay down on the sand. Then she would pretend to be a sleep for a few seconds, and then jump right up and tell me that the clock went off and it was time to get up. Then she would run right back into the ocean to chase another way. She must of done this 50 times. I wish I had her energy. I don't really know what the clock thing was about. It think it is because when we are having a hard time getting her to go to bed at night sometimes Eric will say,"Look at the clock. It is late and time to go to bed."
Eric and I both took her into the big waves,and she would just giggled and scream with delight. One of the pictures is of her with three swim suits on top of each other. I bought her a cute one piece swimsuit at the sample sale for $5. She put that one on first. Then I put her rash guard and bottoms, and then she wanted her floaty swim suit. Oh well.
Thursday afternoon Linda, Allison and Rod took Gretta back to the PCC while I relaxed at home with Eliza, and Eric went golfing at Turtle bay with his dad. Gretta was thrilled to go back to PCC. She calls it Hawaii Disneyland. She had a great time with Linda, Allison and Rod. She kept talking about the dancing girls, and the girls with the pretty dresses. Thursday night we had a great BBQ at home. Darron has really turned into a great cook. We had tasty steak, grilled veggies, and pineapple and even made smores.
Friday we played at the beach again. After our naps Gretta and I went to the PCC to get a shave ice, and see the dancing girls while Linda stayed at home with Eliza. Eric went golfing with his dad again.
One shave ice was not enough for both of us. After we were done instead of crying like last time, Gretta went over to the Shave Ice sign and told me, "I want a red one Plllllease." It was just to cute to pass up. Plus I wasn't going to complain about eating another one too. We visited the land of New Zealand. She got a little scared during the haka, but liked trying to play the stick game and use the poi balls.
Friday night we went out to great Thai food in Haliewa.
Saturday we pretty much got up and packed and flew home. The flight home was actually pretty good too. Gretta has really turned into a good traveler. I guess she has had enough practice. My kids are pretty spoiled travelers, and I guess we are too.
Thank for such a fun family vacation! I added some of the pictures we took for this years Christmas card. My girls also love their Aunts. Gretta is really going to miss Aunt Brittany and Uncle Darron when they leave for BYU next week.

1 comments:

terrah said...

Great family pictures! It sounds like your vacation was so much fun. And you had good traveling kids too-- almost seems like too much to ask for! Violet's been doing terrible at traveling in the car lately, and it just makes me not want to go anywhere. Maybe she'll grow out of it soon!