Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hawaii day 3










This morning I was lucky enough to get to see the sunrise from the beach outside of our house. It was a beautiful sunrise. Eric, Gretta and most of Eric's family spent the morning snorkeling. Gretta sure loves the water! Eliza and I hung out at the house. This afternoon we all went to the Polynesian Cultural Center. The PCC is such an amazing place. It is much better than I remember from last time we were here 2 years ago. Gretta really enjoyed watching the canoe parade, the IMAX film, and all of the dancers. However, I think her favorite part of the whole day was the shaved ice. She was in tears when it was all gone. She also enjoyed the evening show. In her dance class this summer her teacher taught them a hula dance, so it was fun for her to see the Hawaiian dancers really do the hula.
The evening show is spectacular. It is amazing to see so many dancers, and they do such a great job. The fire dances are very impressive.
I ran into two girls I knew from my mission today. That is always such a fun surprise. Sally Chan from the Tai Po ward, and Christina from Macau. Christian was a ward missionary when I was serving in Macau, and I have memories of going on exchanges with her. It was good to catch up with her. She has since served a mission to Hawaii and is now back at BYU-H to study. It was good to see her, and know she is still so faithful. It is always such a wonderful reunion to see someone who is still faithful in the gospel. What a testimony builder.
It was a wonderful day in paradise.
I added some pictures from the day. Most of them are self explanatory, but here are the captions for the ones that aren't. Gretta feel asleep during the IMAX and took a nap in Eliza's stroller. She looks pretty funny in the baby car seat. She actually slept for about an hour. She looked so uncomfortable. Eliza fell asleep during the night show in the sling and left her foot and arm out. It looked pretty funny, and we got a lot of comments on the way out.

4 comments:

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

You always seem to know people wherever you go... just your special talent. That is cool that you ran into those HK girls. I love to hear that they are going to school at BYU-H and hopefully are marrying good boys. Speaking of HK contacts... have you been in contact with Sis. He lately?

I am vicariously living your AMAZING Hawaii experience with you! I can't wait to see more pictures posted of your adventures.

Ie Li said...

I can't believe you're in Hawaii-AGAIN! How fun for all of you.

mistyp said...

Did you know Sister Wong from Macau? She served on Temple Square and is going to school at BYU-H now. She gives tours somewhere at the PCC. IF you happen to see her tell her I love her and miss her. :)

ada said...

You see Sally in Hawaii.So good.