Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hawaii day 1-2









Sunday we got up and went to church at a BYU-H ward. It was fun to be back in a student ward. Luckily the Bishop's daughter was also visiting with a baby, so Eliza and Gretta weren't the only children there. After church we went over to the Laie Hawaii Temple and the visitor's center. The temple grounds are beautiful! We also had a nice tour of the visitors center by a darling sister missionary. Gretta was so excited to meet a sister missionary. She told the sister missionary she was going to go on a mission someday, and even sang her a few lines of, "I hope they call me on a mission." After lunch the family minus Eliza and myself went to see Waimea falls. Gretta did great on the hike, and they all had a great time.
This morning Eric showed up at our window and told me there was a lady on the beach outside our house who knew me. What? Who was it? Susan Garbett. She was my teacher during nursing school at Ricks College. What a small world! They are staying down the beach and were walking by the morning. My in-laws started up a conversation with them and some how they figure out that Sister Garbett knew me. She actually had invited me up to BYU-I last year to speak at the College of Nursing 50th Anniversary about international nursing. What a small world!
This morning Eric and Gretta watched the sun rise and also enjoyed a morning dip in the ocean outside our house. The beach we are staying on actually had quite a bit of surf for the summer. Gretta enjoyed braving the waves with her dad.
Then we went to Sunset beach, and then had lunch at Kua'aina in Haleawa. Eric, Gretta, Eliza, Linda and I came back to the house after lunch for naps and to lay by our beach.
We just lazied around the house tonight, and enjoyed being together as a family.
We are having a great time! I will post some pictures later.

1 comments:

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

You make me so jealous going to Laie. I went to school there for 2 years and it will always have a warm spot in my heart. I can picture every where that you talked about. Enjoy yourself in paradise