Saturday, November 9, 2013

Amazing Food at the Hotel

The Hotel was All-Inclusive. So when we arrived on Saturday we had lunch. The restaurant was beautiful!
On thing that is hard to get use to about eating out is no free water, or refills. You order a bottle of water or a soda and pay per bottle. I like to drink a lot of water when I eat, so I find this a little bit annoying. I feel like I am rationing my water to last thought the meal. Someone needs to introduce them into free refills. 
The other interesting thing is that other than McDonald's I haven't seen a high chair in a nice restaurant that has straps. I did see the waiter take a cloth napkin and use it for a tie for a younger child, but I am sure Carli would have never stood for that! 
All the meals were delicious buffets! To bad my kids aren't great eaters, but Eric and I sure enjoyed all of the food. 
The buffets were expansive and had lots of different options and choices. For dinner we both had great steak, pasta, salad and dessert. 
The breakfast brunch was also very impressive. It's the best I have eaten since being in Brazil! 


Carli sure enjoyed the chocolate mouse at lunch! She also made a royal mess! But isn't she cute!



She also struggled to stay in her chair!
Here are some pictures from Sunday morning brunch. Gretta and Eliza woke up before Carli, so Eric took them to breakfast early. Poor little Eliza said she wasn't hungry and didn't feel well, but since she isn't a great eater we didn't think to much about it. 
Well maybe we should have been worried. By the time Carli and I made it to breakfast the others were almost done. Eliza asked me to take her to the bathroom, but she didn't tell me her stomach was upset. On the way back she threw up all over the carpet! Luckily that made her feel better and I am so grateful I didn't have to clean it up or I would have thrown up too! 
Even not feeling well she was a good sport about the rest of the day.
The kids have been struggling with illness. Especially Carli. Friday when I picked her up from school they told me she was running a fever again. She also didn't feel great all weekend. I think by the time we get back to the US Carli is going to have a great immune system because she will have been exposed to all these Brazilian germs. 



0 comments: