Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Baby Boys!

I went to Einstein all by myself for my maternal fetal medicine appointment. When I went to the ER for the kidney stone the radiologist who checked me for kidney stones told me they were both boys. That's what I thought all along, but it was fun to find out that I was right. It is also kind of scary because up to this point I know how to do girls, but have no idea what to do with boys. The girls have had a mixed reaction. Gretta is very excited and Eliza cried. She really wanted at least one more sister. She is also sad because she feels like Gretta is Carli's twin because they look a like and the boys will be twins, but she doesn't have a twin.  I keep trying to tell her that she looks like me I and will be her twin in the family, but that hasn't made her feel any better yet.

The maternal fetal medicine appointment went well. They both were active and looked healthy. The doctor told me some funny things. He told me that as soon as Brazilians find out what they are having already have names for the babies, and they also fly to Miami to buy all the stuff for the baby.
They do ultrasounds every month in Brazil, so I will be going next month Maternal Fetal Medicine again.
Eric and I are so excited to add two boys to our family. It's going to change the mix of our family and add a lot of diversity.
Luckily I think Carli can hold her own against these two.
I just love this Ultrasound picture of their two heads right next to each other!

0 comments: