Monday, November 4, 2013

Eric's Parking Garage at Work and Rain!

I guess I thought our parking garage was tight and so was the Church Parking lot where people park 3 deep, but for sure Eric's parking garage a work takes the cake! 
Today Eric drove to work because rain was in the forecast and he also took the only umbrella we brought with us to Brazil. 
About 11:30 when I needed to walk to go get Carli from school I looked out the window and it was POUR rain. I tried to figure out what my options were: 
1.Run as fast a a pregnant woman can the 2 1/2 blocks to Carli's school. Get sopping wet and then put her in the stroller and cover her with the rain cover and run home. (I am sure the teachers and other parents would have been mortified to see me sopping wet and even crazier to think I could push Carli's stroller home in the rain. Brazilians do not like to get wet!)
2.Take a Taxi to get her, but without an umbrella get wet walking to the taxi stand hoping there would be a taxi waiting. 
3.Call Eric and have her pick her up. 
I opted for #3. Eric said since it was raining no one would be going to lunch anyway, so he would drive and get her and then stop and then come home for lunch. What a great guy! This is why I am so glad we live close to his work. 
When he got down to the parking garage this is what he found. I guess it's not a good thing to be one of the first ones in the office. It took quite a bit of moving cars around to get his free, but he made it in time to pick up Carli. 


Eric brought home some treats for lunch. This pastry was wonderful. 


I think I made the right decision about not running in the rain to get Carli because this is how wet I got just taking Eliza from our building literally 100 feet to dance class tonight. 
Notice the soaking hair and wet shirt! 
When I picked the girls up at the front door from the bus we stayed underground in the parking garage to avoid getting wet. I felt bad for the bus driver because I didn't have an umbrella to get girls so she hoisted them over the river running in the street to make sure their shoes didn't get wet. She is super sweet!
I think we need to buy some umbrella's.

0 comments: