Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Sao Paulo Jockey Club

Saturday morning we had Gretta's School Program then we went home and Carli napped. It just rained and rained all afternoon. Eric diligently looked for an activity we could do in the rain and came up with the Jockey Club. It ended up turning out to be a fun outing even though I wasn't so sure I wanted to brave it in the rain. It was started in 1875 which explains how they acquired so much land. It's pretty amazing to see so much open space in Sao Paulo. The skyline from the stands was beautiful. 
When we first showed up all I saw where old men and for a second I was afraid that we were really going to be out of place, but once we got to the stands there were a few more families. The girls liked watching the horses and we had a good time.
Something funny was that there were no smoking signs everywhere, but people were still smoking. I really wanted to take a picture of the guy smoking right by the sign, but couldn't figure out how to do it discreetly. I guess the signs are only a suggestion at the races. 










0 comments: