Saturday, November 30, 2013

Premium and Super Premium

While Eric and I were at the mall on Saturday night we did a little window shopping before the movie. It was the weekend after Thanksgiving and there were some "Black Friday" sales still going on, but remember they are a little confused here in Brazil about Black Friday. Sometimes they call it "Red Friday" or as you can see from the sign below "Golden Friday". 
Check out my friends blog on Black Friday in Brazil. 

We walked into an appliance store so Eric could see if he could find some of the products he has been working on to show me. 
We also saw these....
A Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer  I can't really read the sign, but from what I can tell it's on sale for R$1,503.42 dollars or about $750 USD. It regularly sale for R$1900.00 or about $950 USD.
WOW!!! Isn't that crazy. It's because they don't make them in Brazil, so there is a big import tax attached to them and Kitchen Aid is considered "Super Premium" here. 
Actually the day before I was making the frosting for the turkey cookies and I was wondering why I haven't seen any Kitchen Aid mixers here. We have a stand mixer in our Condo, but it's pretty much a hand mixer on a stand and is made of cheap plastic. It works okay, but isn't my Kitchen Aid mixer. I asked my neighbor why no one has a Kitchen Aid and she told me they were expensive. I didn't quite  understand HOW expensive. I guess I should have packed one for my neighbor. She would have been super impressed.


We did bring our Kitchen Aid Blender with us. I had no idea it was considered such a premium item. We have the one that's an upgrade from even this one. 
The blender is on sale for R$638.37  about $320 USD
Regularly R$849.00 about $425 USD.
CRAZY!!!!!

0 comments: