Thursday, November 28, 2013

Da Boyz



Ladies and Gentleman of FB - I give you Da Boyz.

I am very proud to announce that Gretchen Snyder Fors and I will be adding twin boys to the mix at the end of March 2014.

A few comments on this wonderful news. 

1. THE STREAK IS BROKEN! Growing up, I only had one male cousin Jerry Fors and one brother Darron ForsThough I couldn't ask for a better childhood, as girl after girl came into our family, I grew increasingly doubtful that anything other than pink/purple would ever adorn our house. Don't get me wrong. I love my girls. But, it will be nice to have a little more BYU Cougar Blue in the household.

2. I'd like to thank John Robison for being my inspiration. He used to tell me, "Boys have boys and men have girls" He welcomed three girls into his family before an heir was born. I remember early on thinking that 4 was the magic number. Turns out it was 4 and 5. So if you have boys and girls what does that mean?

3. Several people have asked what the trick was to break the streak. Some have suggested that it was the move to Brazil. With all the excitement around the Men's World Cup down here, anything is possible. I will also say the water and milk taste a little different down here. It's anyone's guess at this point. I suppose if you're trying to welcome a boy into your family, a move to Brazil might be the way to go.

4. I'm grateful that some day our boys may get to stroll the halls at BYU with their first cousins Jake/Nate/Jackson/Duke. Perhaps we need to go in on a condo south of Campus in a few years.

5. If you can't tell from the picture, Da Boyz are already in huddle formation for the Turkey Bowl! Football is definitely in their future.

Have a Thankful Thanksgiving!

0 comments: