Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Market Today

Today Teresa came today instead of Thursday so she could go to the market with me and then cook this morning. She made some delicious chicken and steak and vegetables!!!  I know you wish you were coming to my house for dinner! 

We got this fruit for R$44. Better than last week!!! The green melon is a seedless water melon and the pineapple and seedless grapes are also not pictured. The mango are Palmer mango's. They are so delicious and smooth. They don't sell mango's like that at home. 
The steak was R$ 29.80 or about $15.00 for 2.2 lbs or 1 kilo.  So about $8 a pound.
We got 2 kilos or 4.4lbs of  chicken for R$32.20 or about $16.10, so close to $4.00 a lb. Things aren't cheap here!
Some pre-cut vegetables for R$5 or about $2.50. Veggies are a lot cheaper than anything else. 
R$4 for these little pastries. 
I can't remember how much, but I know the tomatoes were R$3 and the cucumbers R$7. I think it's funny the cucumbers were more than the tomatoes. 

0 comments: